PJR now offers VIRTUAL Pre-assessments!
In many ways, a pre-assessment could be considered a “dress rehearsal” in preparation for your initial audit. Historically, these pre-assessments have been done on-site but we now have the capability to do them virtually. Doing so avoids all travel costs (i.e., flights, rental cars, hotels, gas, food, parking, and more) related to bringing an Auditor to your facility.
As with our on-site pre-assessments, during a virtual pre-assessment you will have the expertise of a PJR Auditor interreacting with you and your team, asking questions, reviewing documentation, and giving you feedback without the worry of having to provide formal responses to any cited concerns.
The process begins with a brief pre-assessment supplemental application. This form is set up to provide your organization with a “menu” of options. We want you to have options with how you’d like your pre-assessment auditor to spend his/her time. Depending on your needs, you could choose to include a few, or all areas in your virtual pre-assessment.
What are the advantages to pre-assessment?
- Lets you gain an understanding of the registrars’ audit team practices
- Allows you to gain experience in handling an audit and working with auditors
- Aids in eliminating unnecessary preparations for registration audit
- Reduces time and money needed to become certified
- Identifies quality system strengths & weaknesses
How it works?
- Your preassessment will take place remotely (either via Conference or Video Call)
- Audit will be based on selections from your pre-assessment supplemental application
- Average duration of most virtual pre-assessments is .5 to 1.0 day
- You will receive a full report following the closure of the pre-assessment audit activity
What sets PJR’s pre-assessments apart?
- Customize your pre-assessment to focus on only the areas you need
- Document control
- Management review
- Internal audit programs
- Customer complaints
- Corrective & preventive action
Our recently overhauled Pre-Assessment Report is designed to give you clear feedback as to where you stand. While this activity will no doubt provide great value to your organization, it will not be consultative in nature. The Auditor will not write nonconformities during a pre-assessment. Instead, he or she will share their comments and concerns with you during the Closing Meeting and present them to you in writing via the Pre-Assessment Audit Report. Concerns refer to issues, that if left unresolved, would potentially prevent successful registration or result in a nonconformance.
With the reassurance of a pre-assessment in your corner, there is an increased likelihood that the audit and certification process will proceed smoothly, minimizing uncertainty and risk. To learn more about our pre-assessment program or to request a quote for services call (248) 358-3388.