PJR now offers VIRTUAL Pre-assessments!
New to ISO 22000:2018 is the application of ISO High Level Structure as commonly found all ISO standards. While some of the changes to the standard are induced by the new structure, others are specific to food safety management.
A selection of the changes brought on by ISO 22000:2018 include:
- Risk management – a new requirement to determine, consider, and in certain situations mitigate risks that may impact the management system’s ability to deliver results.
- Strengthened emphasis on leadership/management commitment – Increased active engagement and accountability for the effectiveness of the management system will be demanded.
- More relaxed requirements for food safety manuals – while documented information is still required, the explicit requirement to have documented procedure is removed.
- PDCA cycle – PDCA (Plan-Do-Check-Act) with two separate cycles working together to cover both the management system and the principles of HACCP.
- Specific inclusion of animal food – separate and differentiated from feed for food producing animals.
PJR is accredited by UKAS to register companies to ISO 22000:2018.
If you’re interested in learning more about GFSI recognized standards, such as SQF and/or BRCGS, please Click Here.
(248) 358-3388Call PJR Today!