Why A PRE-ASSESSMENT Is Important
What is a PRE-ASSESSMENT?
A pre-assessment is not quite an “audit”; it is a broad overview of a management system to determine how ready your company is for the actual registration audit process. The duration of the pre-assessment is usually traditionally about one to three days, depending on the size of your facility.
The purpose of the pre-assessment is to help reveal potential nonconformances that may arise later during the registration audit. Think of the pre-assessment as “dress rehearsal” or dry run, before registration. However, pre-assessments do not guarantee that all nonconformances will be uncovered.
During the pre-assessment, the PJR audit team will review your management system to ensure that it meets the elements of the standard to which you are being audited (i.e., ISO 9001, AS9100D, ISO 27001 etc.). If any nonconformances are discovered, they will be summarized on a Pre-Assessment Report, which also details the strengths of your management system. The auditor will also include if you are ready for the registration audit or not.
Benefits of Pre-Assessments:
- Identifies your management system strengths and weaknesses
- Evaluates how your company’s current management system stacks up against the standard
- Focuses your company’s attention on the areas that need strengthening
- Helps your company’s staff gain knowledge of the auditing process
- Aids your company in eliminating unnecessary preparations for the registration audit
- Increases your company’s probability of success
- Allows your company to gain experience in handling an audit and auditors
- Let’s your company gain an understanding of PJR’s audit team practices
WHAT TO EXPECT DURING YOUR PRE-ASSESSMENT:
PJR auditors will sit down with your management team to discuss the scope of the pre-assessment and answer any questions that arise.
The audit team will review your procedures and documented quality system to measure compliance with the applicable standard.
Quality System Assessment
The audit team will observe your facility, conduct interviews, request documents and examine equipment to measure compliance to the standard.
The audit team will present the findings both verbally and in a written report. A summary of strengths and actual/ potential system nonconformities will be presented. Corrective action is not necessary for nonconformities uncovered during a pre-assessment.
(248) 358-3388Call PJR Today!