An update is here for FSSC 22000, moving the standard from v5.1 to v6. The changes included are meant to increase the standard’s efficacy and applicability for a wide variety of organizations, and include:
- Changes to and clarification of certification process requirements
- New QR codes added to certificates for traceability
- Integrated food safety and quality culture requirements
- Farming and FSSC 22000-Quality removed
- Scope expanded to include Trading and Brokering (FIII)
- Realignment of Food Chain Categories to match ISO 22003-1:2022
- Expansion of existing requirements for allergen management and environmental monitoring (found in Part 2)
The transition to FSSC 22000 Version 6 is planned to take place in a 12-month window, with Version 6 audits being conducted beginning April 1st, 2024 and a cutoff date for clients to have their upgrade audit by March 31st, 2025.
Whether you’re seeking a new certification to FSSC 22000 or have questions about the transition and how it may affect your business, PJR is here to help! Let us know if you have any questions or if there are any resources we can provide to assist.
Leave a Comment